Monday, July 2, 2012

Down on Misty's Farm

After a big morning of playing dollhouse with Tommy...


We went to visit Mom's friend, Misty, at her house.  She is a great gardener, and even has chickens! Tommy said "bawk bawk" to them a lot and tried to put his fingers through the fence.  




Misty let me take this egg out of the nest in the chicken coop!  I was FASCINATED!



I also got to pet Red. She's the nice chicken.


Then Tommy and I watched her scratch in the compost dirt, digging for worms. 
 This cracked Tommy up.

We even got to pick some kale to feed to the chickens, and a cucumber to take home.  Tommy tried to grab a watermelon that wasn't ripe yet, but Misty told him maybe next time.  I tried to convince Mom to grow a garden the whole way home, but she says she has a black thumb.  Her hands look clean to me...

No comments:

 

Rodeway Inn Hotels
Rodeway Inn Hotels