Tuesday, September 18, 2012

San Diego Zoo - Part 2

Did I mention it was 104 degrees while we were there?  We were lucky this hippo statue was shaded so we could ride it.  




And pose primly on it.



Tommy was more interested in climbing trees...


And then we were both more interested in navigating  the mini bamboo forest.




Come on, fellow explorer!


Here's a silly panda we saw, sitting in a bucket covered in his own food.



There he is in the background, too.

I know I don't look too thrilled in this picture, but it was fun watching the elephants get in the water and spray themselves and roll around to cool off.





This lion was extra tired, but how cool is it to see him this close?  He was HUGE!






We both loved the jaguars.




Here I am with the mama, and you can see how close she was on the video below:

Then her three babies came out to play right in front of me, and I had the biggest smile on my face the whole time.  I love the zoo!  I now have added zookeeper and Sea World trainer to my list of future professions.

No comments:

 

Rodeway Inn Hotels
Rodeway Inn Hotels